Tuesday, March 10, 2009

No Time For Losers......

I am the Champion! Who can do a pull up and hold it for ten seconds? ME!!!! Granted it wasn't pretty, what with all the full body quivering, the shrieking, and the bicycling of the legs in mid air, but I passed.

How you ask? I am chalking it up to a modern day miracle. Seriously, had you seen my pull up progress (or lack thereof) at the playground two days ago you would agree. Jaime doing a pull up is nothing short of Miraculous.

Today was the first time I had ever done a pull up. First and most definitely last. Plus I had to do it after I'd been fasting for 9 hours for my blood draw. Talk about shaky mcgee. Mahalo for all the prayers. I know it was the angels lifting me up for those extremely long ten seconds.

So now as long as my blood and urine come back clean I get the job! Wahoo! Couldn't have done it without you all.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats Jaim :)

Sheralie said...

Well I prayed for you but you did the hard part! I am so glad- it sounds like a great job!

Violet said...

Hooray!!!! I am so proud of you. It makes me want to try to see what I can do. It is a scary thought though.

I am totally bummed we don't have passes this year. It would have been so fun to see you there!

You are going to love it!!!!!!

I need your help with ideas. Please take a peek at my blog and respond to the post titled HELP!!!

Thanks you’re the best!

Stephanie said...

i had to read this aloud to thomas and laugh and laugh. you are on my top ten favorite people list.

and I AM SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU! i really did pray for you even though i thought it was funny but important to pray about you doing a pull up- HOORAY!!!!

Familia Forsloff said...

awesome! what a dream job. next time we are in san diego we are headed for the special jamie tour!

Julie W said...

Does this mean no more ralphs? Or are you still interviewing. Congrats, I know I cannot do a pullup so you really did get a miracle, although I am sure the bicycle legs helped a ton!

snbjork said...

You go girl! I had no doubt. Honestly. You're just cool that way. I love your descriptions. I felt like I was there as I read your detailed narrative. =) Congratulations!

Necia said...

Jaime..that's awesome...I totally hear ya..Pull up~never done it, never could!!! I am so excited for you. We go to the PHX Zoo a lot lately and ride the tram ride...I totally think of you at the Wild Animal Park and wish I could have been on one of your tram rides, your narration was classic I just know!!! *didn't you do that...maybe I am just dreaming ;)

Jen and Bryan said...

oh yeah baby!! It's not like you have a whole lot of weight to hold up...

The Roy Family said...

Hooray! Good-bye Ralphs - hello Wild Animal Park AWESOME uniform! :) I can't wait to come zip line soon!