Saturday, March 14, 2009

[March 8] The Happiest Day of My Life

My son:
a) In the water
b) On his first WATERSLIDE
c) Enjoying Himself!!!

I have always been a water lover. Everyone knows this. Truth be told, when I'm swimming I imagine myself as a dolphin. However, a little known fact about yours truly is that I am also passionate about water slides. Yup. Love em. Been to a bazillion water parks in my lifetime and they never get old. If you ask me about a water park in Southern California or even the Wet n' Wild in Vegas (may she rest in peace) I can still tell you all the names of each ride and which ones are the best to go on and in what order.

When Choobers was born, I had visions of us spending our days splashing in the ocean, pools, and whizzing down waterslides galore. Choob had a different idea involving the extreme fear coupled with mega hateness of any type of water element.

Until recently. It all started with the water squirts at the Wild Animal Park and Sea World. Now at Disneyland, he made my dream come true. At that moment, it really was "the happiest place on earth" for me. Even though it was FREEZING outside, Dan had to drag the both of us, blue lipped and shivering, from the pool. Us dolphins were having too much fun.

See look how happy I am. It doesn't take much people.



3 comments:

Kara said...

How cute! I LOVE water parks too! Does Disneyland have a water park or something? Did he go down a water slide all by himself? I'm impressed that he's progressed this far this fast! Nathan has always loved splash parks, but we have yet to try a water slide. Maybe this summer- if I ever get back in a swimming suit again post baby!

The Roy Family said...

I love water parks! And Gavin loves slides too. We should totally go to one together this summer!
I'm so happy Luke and you share a common love!

Jodi said...

Hurray for Choobie! You give us hope.