Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fluffy Penguin Kicks Some Bootie

After the first few days of training, the intimidation factor has gone down. Who knew these amazing people would really stink at driving big trucks and giving tours about animals. I'm REALLY lucky to have this job and I think I'll enjoy doing it. Once I get over how INSANE this zipline is.

We drove up to the launching platform today. Indescribable. The line is like 3,700 feet long. About the length of TWELVE football fields. And it's a positive line meaning it's constantly at a downward slope. We're supposed to reach speeds upwards of 65mph. They're not sure yet since it hasn't been tested. They send the sandbags down it tomorrow and then on Sunday we train on the line. Sunday of all days. If anyone is dying that day it'll be me. I'm pretty sure when I go down that thing I'm going to shower the rhinos with barf from above and pee in my pants a little bit.

In other news, Choob has been spending a lot of time at Grandma & Grandpa's house while I go through my two week training. He has loved every minute of it. The amount of fun he has is directly proportional to the amount of dirt I see on his hands, face, and clothing when he gets home.

This little boy loves being outside. Today when I picked him up, he showed me a little caterpillar he caught and fed. I couldn't help but think to myself, "Awww. My own little wildlife warrior." Then he picked up a pillbug and ran over to the air conditioning fan and dropped it into the blades. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.I miss the boys so much while I'm gone. This two weeks can't go by fast enough.

3 comments:

Julie W said...

Of course you are a good driver, you battled the poway grade as an early driver. That zip line is way scary, and what is the purpose, an arial tour from above, or an extreme experience? I think your job is going to rock!

The wild animal park is advertizing on TV their sleep over tents and it looks posh. So funny that it kind of is not.

The Roy Family said...

You totally rock Jaime! House wife shows up "titles" ANY day!! Good luck!

snbjork said...

You are too funny, Jaime! Thanks for the mental image of going down the zip line...good luck!