Saturday, February 21, 2009

[Feb 8] Introducing The Burrito

We had this tradition. Every friday night we'd blow up the air mattress and watch movies. The air mattress was supposed to remain blown up throughout the weekend and then be put away during the week. This never happened. The air mattress became a permanent piece of furniture in our very tiny living room. So permanent in fact that Dan bought a Pirates of the Caribbean bed set for it, you know so it will "look nice when people come over."

After MONTHS of having the air mattress as a permanent pirates of the caribbean monstrosity, we decided to take the it down. I'll admit, I really miss it. Especially when The Choob wakes at 4 in the am and is up for the day. I just want to lay on that Jack Sparrow pillow and doze in and out of sleep while my child watches TV until the rest of the world wakes up.

So now, what do we do with the Choob when he rises at the butt crack of dawn? Enter "The Burrito":
Dan came up with this lovely invention. He gets all of Choobies blankets (nana's) and builds a little burrito around him while he's in the chair. The first time Dan built The Burrito, he made it really entertaining because Choobie wanted the air mattress. So Dan took each blanket and named it as part of the burrito (tortilla, cheese, beans, meat, even garnish). I thought it was cute and Choob LOVES it.

The only problem deals with the fact that Choobie is OCD Child USA and has to have the burrito made EXACTLY the same way now. Every morning. The burrito. With the blankets in the right order and a pile of binkies as the garnish on top. No exceptions. I don't know whats worse, having to stare at an animated version of The Kraken while my visiting teacher is over, or having to meticulously construct The Burrito every morning for the rest of my life. Geez, the things that cute kids get away with!

2 comments:

Kara said...

I don't even know your husband but it seems like you guys are a match made in heaven. I love how he came up with the "burrito" idea and that Choob loves it. It just reminds me of you and all your funny names for everything- Howards, Mcgee, the Furb, etc!!

Julie W said...

I have tears! So adorable. The kracken... priceless.