Friday, February 13, 2009

All the Cool Kids Are Wearing Them

Underpants! I couldn't get Choobie to put them on until I showed him that two of his best friends can wear underpants and be perfectly OK.
Puppy and Darth Vader. In Underpants.
I know, so disrespectful to The Force. Dan is going to kill me when he gets home and sees a humiliated Darth Vader in underpants.
Today marks the first day of actual full on raging potty training. I purposely waited until we had used up all the diapers so Dan & I won't cave. Plus he turned two and a half yesterday! There is no turning back now. He has done amazingly well so far. He peed his pants first thing in the morning and hated it. After that, he's peed AND pooped on the potty ever since. I haven't even started bribing him yet. Hopefully it will continue to go this smoothly for the next few months. We are so proud of you Choobie! Way to go!

6 comments:

Kara said...

Oh my gosh! What a good boy! Only one accident and you haven't even bribed him yet?!! I am going to have to bribe Nathan just to sit on the toilet. This is my dreaded fear- potty training!! I think it will be worse for me than it will him. Can you come train my kid for me?

Julie W said...

Oh Jaime, way to go. IT will be so worth it, and soon you will not even remember diapers. It will be wonderful. You are a great Mom, having an underpants party with the toys. Great idea

Stephanie said...

those are some good lookin undies! seriously, theyre cute. i want some for the bubba when he comes of age.

Barry said...

Darth Vader in undies is awesome! By the way, Alton has the same underwear and many times insists on putting them on backwards so he can see the dinosaurs. If it works for him, it works for me.

Way to go on the success!

snbjork said...

YES! Great job, Choobie! Alton really does love his dinosaur underwear. He also has Thomas the train and CARS pants, but he doesn't like those (it does have something to do with the pesky tags in those...). Anyway, super great idea to put his toys in underwear. Why didn't I think of that?? Oh yeah, it's because you're a gazillion times more clever than I am. =) Way to go and good luck!

The Englanders said...

Oh my! Potty training already? He's getting soo big!