Monday, July 21, 2008

Luke's Fattle

What is a fattle you ask? Let me tell you: About a month ago Choob was naming his body parts as I pointed to them. You know, I'd point to his shoulder and he'd say, "shoulder" I'd point to his ear and he'd say "ear" get the picutre? So I point to his tummy and he starts patting it and saying "fattle, fattle, fattle" over and over again. At first I didn't understand but then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Whenever his shirt is off, Dan & I are always saying, "Look at your fat 'ol tummer/tummy" and then we pat it with our hands and chase him around. So now my child thinks his stomach is properly called a "fattle." There is no telling him otherwise. He just screams fattle louder and louder until you say, "okay it's not your tummy it's your fattle." Then he says, "yeah." And then all is well. It's pretty funny. What isn't so funny is when he tells other people that they have a big fattle. Especially when they are in their swimming suits and when they are your husband.

3 comments:

Kara said...

That's pretty funny! I guess I have a fattle tummy too! How embarassing!

Niki said...

That's great! Adam told me the other day- you're getting kind of fat (then after seeing me face added:) but it's just because you have a baby in your tummy. Kids are so humbling.

snbjork said...

Man, that's one of the great things about being a kid. You can get away with calling people fat (and a myriad of other sins)!

Isn't it crazy how every every single thing we say and do affects our kids. They are always watching (and listening). Sometimes that's a little scary to think about....

He's so darn cute!