Wednesday, July 23, 2008

[June 28] The Higley Konold Wedding

Ty and Alex got hitched! It was so much fun being a part of their wedding, not just because it was Teh and the Leige, but because they were wed at Mt. Woodson where almost 5 years ago Dan and I had our ring ceremony and reception. It was total DejaVu. I was the matron (how old do I sound?) of honor and Dan was one of the groomsmen. Choob was not in the wedding but I got him the tie and tuxedo pants in hopes of getting a great family photo of us all dressed up for the prom. The picture above was the best we got. I forgot how BUSY wedding days are.

Sidenote about choobs shirt: I could only find a size 4T long sleeve white shirt so I took matters into my own hands and altered it ALL by MYSELF (with a little advice from Eag on the phone). Martha Stewart watch out. We only took a few pictures so I can't WAIT to see the ones the professionals got. Like this one below:
I have never wanted to KILL Alex so much in my life! Please look what the photogs made her do. Um, just caress that wall okay, I promise it'll turn out good. What?
Yes, we are a stunning couple. Yes, I lost 12 lbs on the south beach diet so I could fit into that darn dress. Yes, we were the two sweatiest humans there. Yes, this is the only picture I have of just dan & I. We even got to walk down the aisle together so if anyone has pics of that GIVE THEM TO ME!!! That means you Ashley and Liz and Shelly. The ceremony was beautyfull, and special, and perfect. Alex was simply stunning. Thanks to my mom and dad for watching Luke while we participated. He was soooo good.
The only picture I got of Ty & Al. Cutting the cake that was by the way the MOST delicious. Both the chocolate and Vanilla. Yes I had two pieces. Gimme a break, I had just been on the south beach for 2 weeks!
Another not so awesome family picture.
GAWr is moving to boston in a week. We will miss him. Choob kept saying, "Gwah...Gwah...where's Gwah"



I had to give a big ol formal toast and i was SOOO nervous. I had Dan help me write my speech because Quinner was the best man and no one is funnier than Quinner so I practied for like 2 weeks and had seven thousand heart attacks during the wedding. It went well, some poeple even laughed, Alex knew how special she was to me and that was all that mattered. After the toast, I was ready to eat and party and we enjoyed the long night ahead. Congratulations Ty & Al!

4 comments:

Andi said...

Hey Jamie! This is Andi (Thompson) Smith from Poway! I found your blog and your family is so beautiful! Your son is adorable and you guys just look so happy. Im glad things are going well with you. Our blog is ianandiavery.blogspot if you want to check out our latest adventures :)

Ashley and Aaron said...

First of all, LOVE the new pic at the top of your blog! Second of all, I'm so glad you posted pics of the wedding so I could get a glimpse of the memories we might have shared...instead I was at home with a crying baby that was 90% rash. Whelp, you win some you lose some.

snbjork said...

I thought it looked like you had lost weight! Did you seriously lose 12 pounds in two weeks? What, did you just eat watermelon for two weeks or something? You look great! Not that you didn't look great before....

I enjoyed your caption about the bride posing up against the wall. I was kinda thinking the same thing, "what on earth did they make her do that for???" I'm an awful sport, so I never would have posed like that for anyone. You all looked beautiful. I'm very impressed that you altered that shirt all by your lonesome. I don't even know how to properly sew on a button. Pitiful, I know!

Personally, I love the family photo with Choob squeezing his eyes shut. He's so cute!!!

The Englanders said...

That is a really cute picture! Ok, I want to kill you right now! Bakery? Is this a promotion? Snade, do you know what you've done!? You are just asking to be a Large Marj! I can't wait...large marj!