Thursday, June 26, 2008

A visit from Auntie Becky

Becky came to visit us again! I thought this would never happen b/c last time she was here she had to experience Wildefire Madness 2007 and was evacuated with us for a few days until she could make it up to LA. Worst visit ever. We were glad she came back to SD for another go.

Becky was Luke's first and only visitor (besides Dan and my mom) when he was born! She was also his first babysitter after my mom left. Becky holds a special place in my heart, not for the two "firsts" mentioned above, but because she took me out for my FIRST FACIAL ever. It was seriously one of the best days of my life. I was like eight months pregnant and fast approaching 200 lbs. and didn't want a baby shower so Becky surprised me with a spa day and it ruled the universe! Nothing like a day of pampering when you are a waddling whale of a pregnant lady. A thousand MAHALOS to Beck for that one.

We went to the beach to meet up with all of her siblings. Yup they all came from Utah and Idaho to have a little reunion with big sis. I also got to see Cassie and visit with her. It was really fun and the Choob loved it! Mostly he loved Becky's brother Jake. Then we went to eat at Souplantation because Beck & Cass had NEVER been there. I don't know what it is about Souplantation but we stayed there waaay to long, ate waaay too much and enjoyed every second of it. I have found it to be a truth that when good friends come to visit me, I don't waste precious chatting time taking pictures. As a result this is the ONLY picture I have of Becky & I during her visit.

I like to call this picture "Beauty and the Beluga." There are so many things wrong with this picture. First, while Beck looks like a hot Latin American model (seriously how hot is she?), I look like a pasty white creature that resides in a sunless cave only sticking her arms out long enough to develop the slight farmers tan shown. Second, I am wearing a MOM SUIT! One-piece, ugly print chosen solely for it's price not appearance, high back (not pictured) chosen to hide the furb, and worst of all board shorts (long ones) to cover the stretch marks. Seriously what? I almost had a heart attack when I bought this thing at target. It's just not right for me to be scaring the general public with my non-bikini bod anymore. I can't believe there was a time when I would surf in public and my butt cheeks were tan from the suits I would wear. Oh well, I guess this little gremlin was worth it. Come again soon Auntie Becky!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like fun! Seriously, I think I have to move far away and then come for a visit in SD to actually spend time with you. Hhmmph!

doug and becky said...

A whole post for ME! I feel so honored. I miss you guys but guess what? I'll be there the week of August 14th cause cousin richie is getting married in SD. Whoo Hoo. Are you ready for another visit?

Kara said...

I remember her and her sister, I think. You are so funny! You look just fine in the picture- I would never post a picture of myself in a swimsuit on my blog! Talk about Beluga!! I do have a tan though, but only halfway up my legs because of the shorts that have to cover me as well! I love you though and want to come visit soon! I want to know what Souplantation is all about!

doug and becky said...

http://rathgebers.blogspot.com/. if you want to see my summer craftiness so far.

Julie W said...

Ok, hurray for the mom swim suit. Such a warm feeling inside to know I am not the only one!