Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cavewoman Comes to Town

Myyyyyyyy Frrriieeennndd came to visit me! Looking at the above picture it is hard to believe that I shared the same sandy sheets with this one for 3 of the 5 years I lived with her. I hadn't seen her since her wedding and before that it had been five years since I last set eyes on this beauty. We celebrated our sweet reunion with a trip to the world famous san diego zoo.
We rode my brother Jeff's tour bus and got to cut in front of everyone else in line and load the bus before everyone and get the VIP seats. Yeah buddy! Jeff gave a great tour and it allowed us to see most of the zoo without exerting any energy which is always a good thing in my book. It was so fun to catch up with her! We didn't take any pictures, there was way too much talking and laughing and not really looking at any animals going on. We did however, pig out on some nachos. I was so busy chatting with Heidi that when I finally looked over to see what Choobie had been doing, I saw this little nacho cheese covered monkey throwing berries in the bushes next to the tables.
After a long day at the zoo we came home and went on our usual date. Chili's and a movie. Like old times. Heidi and I. Dan stayed home and babysat Luke. When we lived in Hawaii we seriously had date night all the time, Mililani, Chili's and a movie (sometimes we threw walmart in there to mix it up). People probably thought we were lesbians. Those were the days. We crashed when we got home and Heidi did find a few surprises hidden for her in her bed. Think fake tarantula. Payback for the very REAL dead puffer fish she put in my bed years ago. That Hedi, she's a real prankster.

6 comments:

Kara said...

This whole post put a huge smile on my face! Oh, man how I miss you guys! Chilies and a movie! You forgot your third wheel!!! Did you see any military bobs? We have to have a reunion! what do I have to do to get you guys to come to Vegas- "Thunder from Down Under"?? I would love to see everyone and catch up and laugh.

Necia said...

How fun!!! I miss you guys! That's awesome you guys all got together!! Make your next "get together" in AZ! :) good times, good times...did the Heidster do ahoy matey for you?! :)

Kersina and Ryan said...

I totally agree with Kara... just the thought of you two together again makes me laugh. I totally remember the dead puffer fish. Man, that thing stunk.

Downbob said...

Hey, at least we bagged the thing before we put it in your bed.

Ashley and Aaron said...

Looks like a blast, I love getting together with old friends. My sister and I always go on movie dates...you gotta have girl time!

snbjork said...

Hey, sounds like you had a blast!

LUCKY! =)