Tuesday, January 27, 2009

[Oct 22] The Faceplant

Choobie was playing in his room with Dan. I hear a loud bang and then the shrill cries of my hysterical Choober. I rush into his room and Dan said he fell and I look at his cheek. It looked like someone took a cookie cutter or an apple coring tool to it. A perfect deep little deep circle was carved into it.

Apparently, he tripped on this Shrek toy and fell into the side of his crib where the recessed screw holes are. Hence the perfect circle. I wish I would've taken a picture close up of it but if you click on this picture you can kinda see how it looked a few days later. Just in time for the arrival of Dan's dad and his family from Utah. Awesome. The first time we've seen them since Choobie was 3 months old and my kids got a "circle" in all the photos. Good thing he's still cute.

Sidenote: It's now January as I'm typing this and he still has a scar that shows up when his cheeks get red. choob has asked me on more than on occasion, "momma, where is my circle?"

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

poor cute boy!

snbjork said...

I had to blow that one up. Sure enough...circle face. Poor kid, I bet that hurt!!!

By the way, my secret to potty training is......

.........are you listening??

Well, honestly, I think the only secret is that you have to wait until they're ready! Sorry, that's not much help to you. But, seriously, I tried many times in the last year and nothing worked. I bribed that kid like there was no tomorrow. One of our biggest hang ups was that he refused to wear underwear. He wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole! Then, two days before Christmas I (on a whim) asked him if he wanted to wear his big boy underwear. He, of course, said "NO!" Then I told him he could have one of the cinnamon rolls that was in the oven if he would wear them. He decided that was cool enough to give them a try. Really, though, I think he was just ready because like I said before I bribed him with so many different things and he could care less. He wasn't budging! Then when he was ready, though, he was really ready. I didn't really have to do anything.

That's my advice. Wait until he's ready. And pray that that will happen before preschool. =) I have a couple of friends who both swore by just letting their kids run around with no pants on all day. They don't like the feeling of having pee run down their leg (imagine that). This is best during the summer, so maybe you can give it a try in a few months.

Okay, I'll be quiet now. Peace out.