Monday, January 26, 2009

[Oct 21] Halloween Cookies

We made some Halloween cookies. Choob loved getting all messy and playing in the dough. His favorite part was giving the cookies "eyes" by poking his fingers into them. Most of the Halloween shaped cookies we made ended up having more than two eyes each. Please see the four-eyed pumpkin below.

I like the ghost with 2 eyes on the face and then 2 eyes in the armpit. Good thinkin' choob. It's always hard to see what's goin on under the arms.
Showing me the flour "powder" on his "curly toe". This is his toe that I affectionately dubbed "the piggybacker". It rests on top of his third toe and doesn't even leave a toeprint when he steps. Choobie calls it his curly toe. Why? Who knows. But I think it's cute.
An interview with mom during the cookie making. Yes that is a cup Dan is using as a rolling pin. I must've forgot to register for one of those when we got married.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Aww, he's so cute. "Choobie make some more"...I LOVE how he talks about himself in the third person and that he calls himself Choobie. And props to Dan for rolling out the cookies and making them, how awesome is that!

Stephanie said...

oh the piggybacker! have i ever mentioned how i dearly love your abrevs. and nicknames- all of them! (unless you have a secret mean one for me that you and dan use behind my back... then i dont like that one... but i love all the others!)

Ashley and Aaron said...

I used a cup for a rolling pin forever! I finally bought a real one last year when I got in a baking frenzy and decided I needed an upgrade. I am excited for when Finn will be old enough for things like this...right now he 'helps' me by sticking his hands in everything and dumping the contents of bowls onto the counter. I also love that Luke calls himself choobie...so cute.

Julie W said...

Ohh, so much fun, I wish you were my mom so i could have fun too.

Maddux has the same curly toes on both feet. I was thinking he would grow out of it when he started walking, BUt according to Choobie, he may not!

Jodi said...

He's the cutest dough boy ever! He really got into it. I tried making cookies with Rocky but he refused to participate because he thought the flour was too messy. Heaven forbid his hands get dirty! I'm starting to worry about him. Rolling cup eh? Now I know what to get you for your next birthday!

diana palmer said...

it worked again! i needed to feel happy and laugh, and piggybacker/curly toe did the trick. thank you prigmores.