Friday, October 3, 2008

[Sept 26] Vegas Vacation---Day One

Yup, I'm back from sin city very sleep deprived (thanks to one miss heidi) but all in one piece. Just in case you want to know, what follows is an account of THE BEST VACATION EVER:

I picked up Eag in huntington and we made great time driving out to vegas. We even stopped at some outlets and started shopping before we got into town. We unpacked at our awesome condo that only cost me $35 thanks to Don & Trish (eags parents) and their timeshare points. Boo-yaw! We picked up heidi from the airport at like 10:30 in the pm and I made Eag promise me to not let Heidi keep us up late. Whoops. 3am finally rolls around and we forced ahoy matey into bed. She is still a NIGHT OWL!!

Sidenote: Dan got a really bad migraine the night I left and took his nose spray and then whilst puking in the toilet, Choob woke up from a nightmare. Needless to say he had a restless night himself and had me totally worried....for about five minutes until the gossip got really juicy and distracted me.


We slept in the next morning, (awesome since today The Choob rose at 4:30 in the am) and I donned my mom bathing suit from target. Needless to say, you won't see any pictures of yours truly floating round and round in the lazy river. We made our way down to the pool and lazy river, layed out, read Us Weekly, snacked on crap, and talked till it was dinner time.

Then we went to meet Kara (our old roommate at the Hawaiian House) for some fine dining at the Cheesecake Factory. It was so fun to see her again especially since I thought she would never talk to me again after her last visit. I met her at Sea World and Choob had the most unimaginable meltdown of all time and cut our visit short.

After a very lengthy dinner, we walked through the forum shops at Caesars palace and attempted to buy gelato but then found out it was $10 dollars. What the crap? Highlights of the evening included Heidi attempting to wear a coat made of HUMAN HAIR at dolce & gabana and me attempting to take a picture of her in it until the guard kindly asked us to leave, Heidi running in every store to look at purses that she could "get us for cheap from china", and me thinking How on earth do people have enough money to actually purchase the items in these shops? Once again, the night ended with a 3am bedtime.

8 comments:

Julie W said...

What an awesome getaway. Do you feel refreshed? Or has 6 days straight of work taken it all back out of you... why is it so hard to come back home?

Kara said...

I can't believe you're still talking about Choob's "meltdown" at Sea World!! Would you just let it go! Of course I'm going to talk to you again. I had so much fun with you girls that night! Thanks for letting me hang out. Glad you had the "best vacation ever"!!

Maylin said...

Guess what? We're shirt twins! I totally have that yellow Billabong shirt-dress dealy! Seeing my shirt there somehow makes me feel like a little piece of me was there. Oh how I envy your vacation.

That must've been one ginormous gelato for freakin' $10!!

Julie W said...

Hey, I tagged you on my blog...reply if you want to or have time...or not!

Jodi said...

K... I would like to apply for a spot in the next Vegas Vacation with you, Heid & Eag. I too am willing to wear anything out of human hair and have been known to never refuse embarrassing dares on girl trips. :) I'm glad you had a good trip and got a mom break, although it didn't involve sleep. That's all that my dream vacay would entail these days.

Ashley and Aaron said...

Wow, this sounds like such a great time! When are you guys going to take a snowboarding trip out here?

Stephanie said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! how cool that you got to have this fun trip!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhh!! that's all im thinking as i read through this!

diana palmer said...

who's more tiring, Choob (can i call him that?) or your friend Heidi. they both look like a fun time from where i'm sitting.