Friday, October 17, 2008

[Oct 13] Halloween Time

For FHE we decided to decorate for Halloween. This took about 15 minutes since we have no less than 5 pumpkins, 2 bats, and one skull. But...thanks to my friend Stacy, we were able to add 3 ghosts to the Halloween decoration bonanza going on at our house. While Stacy made her ghosts all cute with ribbon and kleenex, I decided to use an old sharpie (that ran out of ink on ghost #2) toilet paper, paper towel and thread.
The directions are simple:
1. Have your 2 year old wad toilet paper up into a ball for the ghost head.
2. Place toilet paper wad in the middle of one piece of paper towel.
3. Twist to form a ghost
4. Have husband hold ghost while you tie thread around his neck (the ghost neck, not the husbands)
5. Draw faces on them with a sharpie (if it runs out you can use a ball point pen)
6. Hang them up so they can fly

Choobie wanted to make "an angry one, a sad one, and one happy one"

Thanks for the great idea Stacy!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

i love the festivities! my sisters and i used to make these ghost during general conference every year. this way we could pay attention better and get the house nice and decorated for halloween... they would seriously be EVERYWHERE. so fun.

snbjork said...

How fun! Thanks for the simple directions and a great idea! I think it'd be even more fun if you made them out of Tootsie Pops, cuz then you could eat them after Halloween. I think I remember doing that in elementary school. Maybe that will be our fhe activity this week....

The choob is so dang cute. I always wanna reach thorough the screen and squeeze his cheeks! Yes, I'm a dork and I've totally come to terms with it. Well, mostly.

Kara said...

Look at you being all "crafty". You've inspired me to do something like that with Nathan. Luke is so cute!!

Niki said...

Cute! We'll give it a try.

Alisa said...

Love it. I might have to try that myself!

Jodi said...

Such a good idea! If Rocky wasn't such a scaredy-cat, we would decorate for Halloween. He's scared of this mini pumpkin I bought him and we haven't even carved it yet! And don't cut those golden locks, no matter what anyone says! You will live to regret it. The way I see it, he has the rest of his life to sport a big boy cut and only a few short years to be an adorable little curly cute Choob. I am growing Rocky's out again. That cut was a mistake!

Carpfam said...

Thanks for the great idea! I am going to do these with the girlies tonight! How are you guys?