Friday, October 10, 2008

[Sept 28] Vegas Vacation-- Day Three

Surprise. We woke up late. And in doing so I realized the saddest thing ever: WE MISSED THE BUFFET! Could it be possible that I went to Vegas and did not eat at a single buffet. Yes. Tragedy I tell you.

On the bright side, we still had a few hours of sunlight left to tan. One of those precious hours was spent watching the Rachael Zoe show I discovered while eating my cereal. I never really think about TV (since we don't have it) but then when I am at my moms or in a condo that has TV I realize how AWESOME it is. I love TV and I love Bravo and I wish I could watch it every day. There.

So with one day left in sin city, my mission was clear: I HAD to get a pair of designer jeans.
(These are not the pair I bought. Mine are way cuter)

I never knew such jeans even existed until Heidi and Eag gave me a quick fashion education. The end result was me NEEDING a pair. NOW. So after looking at all the different designs, I settled on the brand called "Seven" mostly because they don't have flashy butt pockets. Plus the only other ones we saw were those True Religion ones with the big ugly horseshoe prints on the butt. Who wants to walk around with two big golden horseshoe prints on their butt? Not me. And I certainly don't want to pay $200 to do it either. Sorry if any of you readers out there wear them but seriously peeps, take a look in the mirror....horseshoe butt...find it.

So, after an hour of laying out we headed to Marshalls, TJ Max, Dillards, Macy's etc. I found a pair of sevens on sale for "cheap" ( I am using this term relativly) and bought them. Mostly becuase Eag & Heidi convinced me that my butt looked good and they were long enough which is a miracle in and of itself becuase it is impossible to find jeans long enough for these ostrich legs of mine. Purchase made.

We went home, ate dinner, took heidi to the airport and then went to bed. Woke up the next morning early and headed home. We had an hour or so before eag needed to be home so we went shopping in huntington. I got another pair of jeans and some REALLY cute heels. Black guys and brown croc guys. Too bad when I wear them I will be taller than Dan. Ooops. Awesome vacation with awesome people. Next year we are going to do it again. Probably at lake powell on a house boat. Any takers? Then it's Hawaii in 2010. So start saving your pennies.

5 comments:

Julie W said...

I have never heard of the horse shoe butt! Way to go with the deal on Seven jeans. What a successful trip!

Jodi said...

Cograts on the Sevens guy! I found a cheap pair once too with big letter "s"'s on the butt. (for Sorenson I decided) Way better than horseshoes. Now if only I could fit in them again!

martin said...

i don't even know the merits of designer jeans, but i do know that the only two pairs of jeans i own are holy kneed and skinny (over it,,,,okay still like it, but over it for the most part).

so now i must have a pair. especially if they make one's butt look not flat. and i must join you on your houseboat, as well as in hawaii. i think your friends would like me. most people do. haha

and i'm unclear on why there is not a picture of you in said jeans.

martin said...

haha, sorry martin. this is diana. but i bet he secretly wants designer jeans too. sorry for the fake hype about another commenter, when it was really just two from me as "martin."

Melissa said...

True Religions are by far the best jeans for certain body types, i.e. me and my ghetto booty. They and Hudsons are the only ones that make me look like I have a small"er" butt than normal. I have 2 pairs of the horse shoes and 2 pairs of the Hudsons and I've never looked back...actually I just keep looking for more. Watch yourself, it's addicting...