Monday, November 9, 2009

[Sept 26] It's A Wookie

We are hard on vacuums at our house.

I used to be messy. Anyone who has survived mine and heidis Hawaiian bathroom can attest to that fact. I'm not sure we even had a vacuum.

Then I married Dan.

Dan is clean. So I became clean-er.

I like to vacuum alot. In fact, while most girls my age are dreaming of Tiffany's diamonds or a great pair of boots, I've been (not so secretly) longing for a dyson animal vacuum for quite some time now. Anyway, this is our third vacuum in two years.

I haven't been able to look down at the ground due to my neck injury. After two days of peeling Cheetos and fruit snacks off of my heels I asked Dan to vacuum.

He kindly obliged, (as he always does because I married a saint) and started vacuuming. He quickly found himself immersed in a cloud of dust while the familiar smell of burnt hair permeated the air.

Off went the vacuum. After a brief inspection this is what he found:

He took pictures of it so I could see. Isn't that sweet? Then he began the wookie removal process. My hair was about half an inch thick wrapped around that thing. He snipped and scraped and ripped and tore and finally the wookie was free.

Then he brought the bag of clippings over to me and said, "You should send this into locks of love because there's enough hair here to make a wig."
Normally cleaning my wookies from the shower drain, vacuums, even his socks and underwear, puts him in a bad mood. Lucky for me I was a pathetic wounded wife. How could he get mad at this face?
Love you babes!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Hahaha hilarious! Jeff hates that too...why can't vacuums deal with women hair? It's not like this is a new problem!

Niki said...

Wow, that was one big Wookie! Way to go Dan for taking care of it. After each pregnancy I loose massive amounts of hair and now my hair is growing back and looks like a 2 year old gave my bangs a trim.

I'm sorry to hear your neck is still not better.

Alisa said...

OMG. That is hilarious. And Ian thinks that my hair is bad.

Julie W said...

You win for the shedding of hair. Vacuums really are crap. Yea for dan the saint!

Sheralie said...

I had no idea Dan had such domestic talents. So impressed! And you can't look down? Are you doing physical therapy?