Saturday, November 14, 2009

[Oct 11] Wiiiiiiiii love to Win

So we went to this Employee Appreciation night for the WAP. It was at this "fancy" hotel with "fancy" food and you had to dress "fancy". In fact, Dan had to buy a sweater from Target (look out) because he doesn't own anything that falls into the "fancy" category.

There were ballrooms set up with karaoke, a gambling hall and a Wii bowling tournament.

I have NEVER played the Wii bowling. In fact, the only time I've ever played a Wii was with Ty & Alex before they got married. But, when you are married to a "gamer" (aka video game nerd) you don't pass up the chance to participate in a Wii bowling tourney.

In order to get into the tournament you had to bowl a strike on your very first bowl. Dan and Ty were telling me how to use the Wii and low and behold I bowled a strike. While they did not. Hee haa!

Jess (my co-worker) and I with our free hats from the first bowl. We had to come back an hour later to participate in the tournament.
During the tourney the official had to show me how to get to the next screen. Proof that I had NO CLUE what I was doing.
I say that I put this picture in here to demonstrate that I had no knowledge of how to operate the Wii. Truth be told: I mostly put this picture in here because my legs look good. (See above)

You had to keep bowling strikes on the first try to advance in the tournament. It's all about the form. My co-worker Bri and I made it to the finals. By this point we had bowled four strikes in a row! I was a nervouse nellie thinking I might actually win a prize.
We went to the party with Ty & Alex. She is the jedi master of guitar hero. Seriously. She will rock your world. Aren't they cute?

The final bowl for the win! Eight strikes later I was the winner of a $100 gift certificate. Boo-yaw!
First, second and third place. I may or may not have told the second place girl (a condor keeper) to suck it in the heat of the moment. It's not like I'm competitive or anything.
My work family. All of them were there cheering me on. Go Flightliners!

6 comments:

Sheralie said...

Great story! Jeffrey loves Wii bowling too. I LOVE your dress. You look fabulous.

Niki said...

Hooray for winning. I love to win too but 8 strikes in a row- that is impressive. Oh and BTW, you do have rocking legs!

Melissa said...

Ditto on what Sheralie and Niki said! And I LOVE your shoes :)

Where was the gift certificate to???

snbjork said...

Jamie, again, you always crack me up! And I was even thinking "man, Jamie looks so great!" before I read your comments about how good your legs looked. I love the ensemble!

Lucky you in winning a gift certificate! It's especially hilarious considering that you had never even played the game before.

Jen and Bryan said...

you? fiesty? NO! We won't even start telling stories. :) I can't believe Ty is still alive! He's a little turd for always ignoring me. Whatever! I'll just have to do another surprise attack again some time while I'm in town.

Ashley and Aaron said...

8 strikes in a row?! That is pretty amazing. I mean, we all know you would have a Dr. Mario tournament in the bag, so way to go on challenging yourself with something new! Aaron and I are all about the wii...if you ever get the chance to play "Wario's Smooth Moves" do it! You will cry laughing.