Wednesday, November 11, 2009

God Bless America!

Two nights ago at dinner Choobie spontaneously started singing "God Bless America." I attempted to catch it on video but as you can see, he "got embarrassed."



That little song in his heart got me thinking about the wonderful nation I live in and all those who sacrifice to keep it that way.

Thank you to all our veterans and military out there for fighting for our freedom.

Thank you to members of our family especially Marv and Carl who served our country. Both honorable men. We love you!

And don't forget the women who faithfully stood by their sides and raised their families: Edna Prigmore. If you don't know this woman, you must meet her before you leave this earth.

A mahalo to my brother Agent Goose for fighting the drug wars, crime, and murder in our own backyard. I know he's not a veteran but I don't think they have a border patrol holiday so we will celebrate his bravery today.

Being the stage mom that I am, I quickly slipped Choob a kit kat bar and waited a few minutes until the sugar kicked in. I wanted to capture his spirited singing on video for this special day.

Within five minutes he had run into my bathroom and squeezed out half a tube of my expensive hand lotion and appropriately placed it all over his nose. He was sugared up and ready to perform. This is the best we got.

I present "Sugar Induced God Bless America" sung by Choobie Prigmore:



I am glad we live in a free country where my little boy can dance around, hopped up on Halloween candy, wearing his moms expensive paraffin hand lotion on his nose and sing of his love for our great nation.

Thank you.


6 comments:

Melissa said...

That was hilarious...and to think there are studies out there which say sugar has no impact on children.

That was a super sweet note to the veterans though, I'm glad it's becoming such a big holiday. Growing up, I felt like it wasn't celebrated or recognized as much.

Kara said...

Jaime, you have the cutest kid in the world!! He's such a talented singer, and with lotion on his nose and everything. Thanks for clarifying what that was by the way. I don't think Nathan has ever heard this song, I will have to teach him.

Unknown said...

Jaime we love the choob he is our new souce of entertainment keep it comming

Jodi said...

Thanks for giving me my singing Choobie fix for the day! I love that kid! If you looked up "adorable" in the dictionary, you would see his face. Thanks to him, I'm feeling slightly more patriotic today.

The Englanders said...

What...? Did he really just say "I'm embarrassed..." haha...

Sheralie said...

Somehow I missed this post. Really cute. Made me laugh. And happy birthday, I hope it was nice.