Monday, September 28, 2009

The Cowardly Lion Survives!

I did it.

FYI: so called "Open Air MRI's" are not that open.

I was strapped to a table, my head taped down, a darth vader like apparatus placed over my face and was then inserted into the world's largest and loudest waffle iron.

For 27 agonizing minutes.

I kept my eyes closed the entire time and went to my happy place: Hawaii.

I did it. Without medication.

Can I get a Booya-grandma?!

Thank you for all the kind words and thoughts. They've meant a lot to me.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

oh so that WAS you! i thought i saw you frolicking in the sands of waiamea ;)

so glad you survived!

Sheralie said...

OH you are not the cowardly lion. Way to conquer your fears and go through it. I hope you feel better soon.

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you made it and without meds! Let us know the outcome...

Niki said...

I was thinking about you- glad it went well. Let us know how things turn out.

Jodi said...

Way to go my brave friend! You don't know your own inner strength. About Dan's simulation... I've done that! Sometimes I lock MYSELF in the closet to get a moment of peace while children are screaming and trying to pound down the door. I would much prefer it to the waffle apparatus you were succumbed to. There's no preparation for that! Way to conquer it!

Nicole, Paul, Ike and Aubs said...

Jaime friend! You're poor neck. I can only imaine how not being able to bend your neck complicates...everything. So sorry to hear about all this craziness. Hope they fix you up soon without to much additional torture.

PS: When you are able to read I'm (finally) posting again.

snbjork said...

Oh, good. I bet you're oh so glad that's finally over. I hope I never have to be in one of those awful contraptions. Get better soon.