Thursday, January 27, 2011

And We Shall Call Her...

Tano Cat

The Choob has a name.  

In fact, we had to teach it to him before he went to preschool so he would respond when the teacher said, "Luke are you still crying for your mommy?"

While I was pregnant, Choob said he wanted to name his sister Annakin Darth or Asoka.  Although it was tempting to refer to her as the greatest villian of all time, we settled on Asoka.  (I know they spell it Ahsoka but that is hard to type and looks ugly and I have always spelled it in my mind Asoka so that is how I will write it.)

Everyone that knew I was pregnant called her Asoka.  So, just me, Dan, Choob and my mom and dad.

Once she arrived we kept calling her Asoka.  I fully expected it to change.  Nicknames around here evolve until we get one that seems right.  Choobie took about 3 months to become a full fledged Choob.

While her name is still evolving, after three months we mostly refer to her as:
 
Tano Cat

That's the front runner so far.  

Followed closely by Sokie (pronounced soak-eee) and Dokers.

Also in the mix are Doka Bird, TC, Tonners, Tonn Tonn, The cat, The Kitty, Tiners, Little Girl, and Sissy.

So for now she will be our beautiful little Tano Cat.  

Meow.

3 comments:

doug and becky said...

She is sooo cute. I miss you guys. I want to be there too so I can snuggle that little tano cat. love you guys.

Niki said...

I love your list of nicknames. I totally do that with my kids although they tend to change as they grow. All except Adam- he's almost 8 and he's still Bubby!

Tina said...

...oh...my family had their share of funny nicknames while growing up...I was Twicket Jones!! (My poor brother never really got over his...poor Little Bobby Rotten Bottom...)