Tuesday, May 20, 2008

You've Got to be Kidding Me!!!!


These pictures were taken at the ER last night. So we were looking at these model homes near our neighborhood just for fun. Luke LOVES running around in them and looking in all the cubbies and closets and gets REALLY hyper and it's hilarious. We were in this kids bedroom that had half size furniture and Luke was in one of the armchairs. We said, "come on choob, it's time to go to the next room." As we were turning to leave the room Luke stood up in the chair and in slow motion we saw the back of it fall and he hit his head right between the eyes on the wooden rail of a bunkbed. The LOUDEST crack you ever heard and some profanity from mom and dad and then we grab Choob and I am looking at his forehead because I was convinced that it was split in two but then realized that the blood was coming from his mouth! I ignored the goose egg allready turning blue and focused on the mouth. He only let me look inside once and it looked like both cheeks were split and spurting blood which continued to dribble out his mouth all around his binky and onto his clothes. So we rush out to the car via the model home office (I HATE that you have to go through the office to get out. Like we look like potential house buyers. I'm so sure!) and head to the ER. After 2.5 hours and 30 minutes of XRays (me holding a thrashing, screaming, bleeding Choob down with a lead vest) it was determined that there was NO skull fracture and he did not need stitches. Yipee! We had to wake him every two hours last night to make sure he wasn't slipping into a coma. This morning I wish I was in a coma because I am so tired! His mouth is healing and his head is goose eggless so no worries. Just a little scare.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh poor Luke! Glad he's okay, those scares are horrible :(

Kara said...

How scary! I'm glad it wasn't worse and I can't believe he didn't get a goose egg on his head. Nathan still falls a lot and I wonder if he's ever going to grow out of that. He fell twice last night on his head. I guess it was just one of those days.

I hope you catch up on your sleep soon!

diana palmer said...

WHOA! just got your comment on my blog. been stalking yours for ages now, but too fearful to comment. you paved the way though---i have so many things to say! first, i suppose should be, whoa what a nightmare with luke (who incidentally happens to be one of the most gorgeous children i've seen). and also, i couldn't comment on your slideshow but the pictures are gorgeous! who did them for you? you look so pretty. third, will you send me a blank email at palmerdiana@gmail.com (this is so you don't have to post your email address publicly, but i don't mind posting mine). this will prevent my comment from getting even more ridiculously long---i have a lot to say to you---if you don't mind----one thing is that you are seriously one of the most hilarious people i've met. anyway, now that i've sufficiently freaked you out...

Stephanie said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! poor child! i was like, oh no, not another ER fiasco- but i am glad this one had such a happy ending- minus the no sleep. hat is never ever happy. for anyone. :)

Dan and Ashley said...

Holy Crap!!! I am so sorry. That seriously is the scariest thing ever. So glad Luke is okay!