Friday, May 18, 2007

Families Need Your Help

Just wanted to put up a quick post. I'll write more about our story with the fires later. We were one of the lucky families that returned home last night to a house still standing. Many of you know that my family lost their house in the cedar fires 4 years ago tomorrow and many of you helped us in our time of need. It's time to help out again!! For those of you not living in san diego, please help out by calling the red cross and making a donation 1-800-HELPNOW or click on this link and you can donate in many different ways : http://www.redcross.org/donate/donate.html
If you live in San Diego please gather up things to drop off at the main information/refuge centers. If you want to donate to Poway click on the link below:
http://www.poway.org/Index.aspx?page=870

Speaking from experience, I PROMISE you EVERY little bit makes a difference.

4 comments:

Necia said...

Jaime..I have been thinking of you guys as I watch the news. SO glad to hear that your house is still standing. I heard that homes at Lake Arrowhead were burned too...Does Alisa's fam have a vac home there?! Thanks for the Red Cross number...if you need a place of refuge come stay in AZ with us:)

Maylin said...

I'm so glad you guys are ok. What a scary thing! You probably didn't notice, but I deleted the comment you left on my post about Brad and I wanted to explain. Brad and I thought it was funny, but my brother is gay and I didn't want him to read it. So, no hard feelings? To make it up to you I tagged you! See my post for details. You guys rock! Stay fire-free.

Stephanie said...

thanks so much for the post! i was so relieved to hear your voice the other day and now to know that you are back home for sure. we will see what we can do- thanks for the info!

Familia Forsloff said...

Its good to hear you guys are doing good and everyone is safe. Being from Ventura I was sad to see that from Santa Barbara to Mexico there was devastation going on. I love SO Cal and I miss it so much. You guys were and still are in our prayers. Thanks for the red cross info, Ill be looking into that!