Wednesday, December 22, 2010

[Oct 30] Homeward Bound

Both mom and baby feeling a little better. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the percocet. Cough Cough.

This made me love Kaiser even more. A built in To Do List bolted to the wall. Love!
We got to check everything off. Done and Done!
Yes she's "one of those babies."
We handed the camera to the nurse to get a family photo.
Note to all nurses: DO NOT TAKE FULL BODY PICTURES OF NEW MOMS WEARING HORIZONTAL STRIPES.I can't decide if I look more like the Cheshire Cat or if I look more like I ate the Cheshire Cat. Maybe a little bit of both. Oh well, let the water retention games begin!

A few people told us that we should have Lainey "bring Luke a present" when she comes home. and it will make him like her.

She brought him his two favorite things: a flashlight and Silly bands (which he thinks are called Souey bands because our neighbor kid has a speech impediment and told Choob that's what they were called)

While Luke in no way "liked" his new sibling, perhaps these two small gifts saved her from the fiery pits of hot lava he had originally destined her for.
Star Wars "souey" bands. What a treasure.

Grandpa holding Lainey for just a minute until Grandma snatched her up.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

In Ambrose's stocking this year he got flashlights and yesterday "earned" Toy Story silly bands that he wears to bed and in the tub- aka- always and forever.

Ahhh JAime your post made me laugh- I love you!