Wednesday, December 15, 2010

[Oct 29] Day 2- Choob's First Encounter

We were lucky enough to have my parents take care of The Choob while we were in the hospital. They fed him, dressed him, took him to school, bathed him and put up with his crazy bedtime routines. Thanks mom & dad!

During my pregnancy Choobie would always say, "When my sister hatches out I am going to throw her in hot lava!"

My parents brought him down to meet his sister for the first time late that night. Dan & I made sure there were no volcanoes around.
He looked at her but wouldn't touch her. Especially not with his bare hands!
The awesome nurses brought him a "big brother kit" (a small bag full of ordinary medical supplies) which he loved.His favorite part of the kit was the shot. Which he decided to give his sister multiple times.

And his dad some of the time. After all, stabbing people with a shot is way more fun than meeting your baby sister. It also proved a wonderful distraction from his current views on siblicide.
He ended up leaving the encounter with his blue darth vader mask on as happy as a clam! A Successful meeting in my book.

1 comment:

The Roy Family said...

Jaime - LOVE the first encounter. LOVE the gory details! LOVE Lainey. She is SO beautiful! We need to get together again and take pics of the girls. I bet Lainey is huge now! Congratulations momma. You rock!