Wednesday, January 20, 2010

[Nov 4] This years Birthday Hanukkah started off with...

THE LION KING!!!

In our household, we celebrate birthdays for several days and nights.

MAJOR points for Dan for setting this treat up. I have always dreamed of seeing this and it did not disappoint. In fact, I may or may not have shed a tear during the emotion filled opening scene. Giraffes, rhinos, and elephants come down into the audience people. Come on!

The performance was everything I'd heard of and more. It was wonderful to sit by my husband during a musical. Something I don't think will happen ever again due to the fact that Dan's cold stone heart hates watching people sing and dance, especially if ballet is involved. Learned that one when I took him to the nutcracker.

I can't wait to take Choob to this when he is older. Go see this play if you haven't yet. You will be so glad you did.

4 comments:

doug and becky said...

That is awesome. What a great birthday treat. I have been wanting to see that forever but it was always sold out or too expensive in NY. Don't you have a such a peach for a husband. Nice job Dan.

Sheralie said...

I am so glad you could see it! My better half took me for my birthday when we lived in Chicago and it was one of my favorite birthdays! The CD is fabulous too.

The Dobrons said...

I totally got choked up at that opening part too!! It was amazing....nice work Dan.

Ashley and Aaron said...

Happy birthday! What an awesome thing to go do. PS: we have free Disneyland tickets due to my 'day of service' (have you seen that promo?) and we are just deciding when we are going to come. We will already be in SD in September so we will probably just roll it in with that trip...but I am tempted to come out earlier. Bottom line is you guys MUST come with us.