Wednesday, December 16, 2009

[Oct 30] Pumpkin Carving

We totally dropped the ball this year with Halloween festivities.

Both Dan & I had been working crazy hours and we didn't have time to be the festive McGees we normally are. It was the night before Halloween and I got home from work late and it was cold and dark and we still hadn't carved a pumpkin.

Dan really wanted to carve one and I really did not.

It was late, my neck hurt, Choob had the ol sicky/cranky combo goin' on. Plus Dan wanted to make a Darth Vader Pumpkin with this elaborate template. Something a 3 year old would TOTALLY have the patience for right? NOT! To sum up: perfect recipe for disaster.

I told him if he wanted to be in charge, they could carve pumpkins so long as I didn't have to do ANYTHING. (I know such a nice wife huh?)

So Dan went out to the store to get the last pumpkin on earth, the night before Halloween. He carved it with Choobie while I sat around taking pictures and being cranky waiting for the meltdown to occur.But it didn't. Choob had so much fun! Mostly because knives were involved. He loves weapons.
He also loves to drum with weapons on pumpkins.
They carved and they sliced and they sawed and they diced.

And I did nothing.

It was a beautiful thing I tell you.



The Choob didn't like the slime. We kind of forced him to stick his hand in. Please look at Dan laughing at his sons misery. I was doing the same. We are awesome parents.
Here's the finished product. The template got thrown out the window after Choob got frustrated so he and Dan just Freehanded it. Not too shabby.
That's right, we carved our pumpkin one day before Halloween. And it WAS fun. Thanks for being a great Dad and husband Dan!

1 comment:

Sheralie said...

You are so funny Jaime, I can't decide if I like the pictures better or your commentary :) I love the design; my boys were not lucky enough for a Star Wars jackolantern!