Friday, April 25, 2008

San Diego or Amity Island?

Fatal Shark attack this morning at our local beach. Believed to be a 17 foot great white. An 8 mile stretch of beach (including the 2 beaches that are 5 minutes from our apt) is closed until monday. If you want more details go here.

Yesterday, my brother, Luke & I were at the beach one block away from where the attack happened. Luckily Luke is scared of the ocean water so we were on dry land the entire time. (How cute is he in this little Lifeguard outfit? Click on the picture and die from the cuteness) Interesting thing is, there was a helicopter flying about 20 feet above the water right over the breakers for the entire two hours we were there just making passes. Also a small spotter plane was doing the same thing only a little further out. Jeff & I thought the helicopter was looking for a shark. Then we started making jokes about cable junction and jaws. Looks like we were spot on. I think it's a big cover up. I think they were searching for a shark and that they knew a white was in the area but didn't want to panic the public. One week ago a baby white shark was found washed up on shore in that area. Then a helicpoter and a plane patrolling in the same area the day before a fatal shark attack. Coincidence? Hmmmmm. I think not.


There was probably a big 17 footer cruising by us just out past the breakers. Duh-da... Duh-da .... Duh-da duhda duhda duhda...... (that was Jaws music)

5 comments:

Kara said...

That's so crazy!!! Aren't you glad Luke is scared of the water? I'd be scared too. I thought of you right away when I saw this on the news. Glad you weren't out there snorkeling! Love the picture of Luke in his little Lifeguard attire!

snbjork said...

Ew, icky, nasty, scary sharks! One GREAT reason to stay out of icky, nasty, scary ocean water! Okay, so I'm a weirdo, but I really do think the water is scary (being that it's filled with all sorts of strange creatures). I am glad you are all safe. Luke sure is adorable!

Jodi said...

Cutest lifeguard ever! Yeah... so I'm still shocked and disturbed by the shark conspiracy. I keep thinking about our time in the shark cage and the creepy, evil presence we felt while being circled by the big guy. Scariest thing ever! I'm glad you guys are ok!

Nicole, Paul, Ike and Aubs said...

Seeing Luke in his cute lifegaurd outfit is the only thing that will make up for the month of nightmares I'll be having after reading the article about killer sharky!

Stephanie said...

this terrifies me naturally- but I LOVE THE LITTLE LIFEGUARD OUTFIT!!!! so cute.