Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Moose Tail

Okay so my hair is really long and straight and won't hold a curl and will destroy any type of hair accessory I attempt to put in it except for the heavy duty hair bands you buy at the beauty supply store. Bottom line: I have a lot of thick hair and not a lot of time to do it. I used to put it in a pony tail but now my hair is so long it gets heavy halfway through the day and I get a bad headache. So, to avoid afternoon migraines I usually put it in a braid at the nape of my neck. Dan HATES IT! He calls it the moose tail. When I ask him why, he says, "because it looks like a moose tail flappin' around back there." One Saturday we were going to the zoo and I thought to myself, Hey, I'll try a french braid and see what Dan thinks. So I spent a long time on my hair (approx. 5 min) working the wet locks into a french braid all by myself! I was so proud. When I came out in the living room to get my coat, Dan says to me, "what the french moose?" I wanted to kill! Please help. I need some other hairstyle options besides "original moose" "french moose" and "headache ponytail." Any style advice must not include blow drying. I get so hot and sweaty after 40 minutes of drying the beast that I need a shower again when I'm done.
As for Luke's Hair, both Dan & I love it long. Everyone tells us he looks like a girl and that it's all ratta tat but I don't care. Get over it!

His latest expression.

Love this little boy!

8 comments:

Barry said...

I've got a pretty nice hairstyle. You should give it a try. I don't have to blow dry it, wash it, comb it, style it, and it never gives me a headache. You will need a razor and some shaving cream though. ;)

Familia Forsloff said...

I LOVE Luke's hair just the way it is..he needs to be in a baby commerical..as for your hair, you are sooooo very lucky. I used to have thick hair but the elements of my life (Mission, Lane, now pregnancy)have made my hair stringy. I too hate to blow dry my hair so I would just put it in a bun, of course Lane called me a librarian (he got it from a King of Queens episode). I say enjoy the braid it looks beatuiful on you and just whip Dan in the face with it when he makes fun of you!

snbjork said...

Maybe you could get your hair thinned, then mail it to me cause all of mine is falling out! Okay, not all of it, but you know how it is when you're nursing. It falls out all over the place. Anyway, your hair is gorgeous! Are you thinking about cutting it shorter? With such thick, beautiful hair you have many options.

Maylin said...

I think Luke's hair is adorable! I'm trying to do the longer, shaggy hair thing with Finn, but it's not working out so well. Do you trim Luke's at all? I'm sorry that I can't offer any advice on your hair. Mine is so thin and limp that I can't relate. Your hair could definitely beat up my hair!

Alisa said...

Remember when your mom started buying the cheap ice cream when I was living with you guys because I was eating too much of the good kind.

Stephanie said...

hahahaha! i remember the moose tail in hawaii and having a conversation with you at waiamea (supervisions) about my similar predicament. someone help us fast!

Sheralie said...

Well I am no help either. I was just telling the girl at the salon today that my hair is my greatest trial!!

katie speed said...

My hair in also thick (not as thick as yours, but thick) and I do have it thinned out. The hair stylist will use "chunking shears" to thin it out. It is so necessary for me especially in Hawaii beacause of obvious reasons. Also layers can help.